Welcome to the Freight Forwarders Settlement Website
Important Notice: On July 24, 2014 the Court granted Plaintiffs’ motion to extend the claims-filing deadline. THE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO AUGUST 24, 2015.
The case was filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. It is called Precision Associates, Inc. v. Panalpina World Transport, No. 08-cv-00042 (E.D.N.Y.) (JG) (VVP). Freight forwarding companies (“Defendants”) around the world were sued by a group of businesses (“Plaintiffs”) who claim that the companies conspired, in violation of antitrust laws, to fix the prices for freight forwarding services during certain time periods. The Plaintiffs claim that the Defendants’ conspiracies were worldwide, including on shipping routes between the United States and China, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. Plaintiffs claim that Defendants agreed to fix various charges and surcharges associated with providing freight forwarding services. Some of the Defendants the Plaintiffs sued have agreed to Settlements in the lawsuit. They are called Settling Defendants and are the following companies:
- ABX Logistics Worldwide NV/SA;
- EGL, Inc. and EGL Eagle Global Logistics, LP (“EGL”);
- Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. (“Expeditors”);
- Kuehne + Nagel International AG and Kuehne + Nagel, Inc. (“Kuehne + Nagel”);
- Nishi-Nippon Railroad Co., Ltd. (“Nishi-Nippon”);
- Schenker, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, including Deutsche Bahn AG, Schenker AG, and Bax Global, Inc. (“Schenker”);
- Morrison Express Logistics Pte. (Singapore) and Morrison Express Corporation (U.S.A.) (“Morrison Express”);
- United Aircargo Consolidators, Inc.;
- UTi Worldwide, Inc.;
- Vantec Corporation and Vantec World Transport (USA), Inc. (“Vantec”);
- Toll Global Forwarding (USA), Inc., Baltrans Logistics, Inc., and Toll Holdings Ltd. (“Toll”);
- Panalpina World Transport (Holding) LTD and Panalpina, Inc. (“Panalpina”);
- Geodis S.A. and Geodis Wilson USA, INC. (“Geodis”);
- DSV A/S, DSV Solutions Holdings A/S, and DSV Air & Sea Ltd. f/n/a DFDS Transport (HK) Ltd. (“DSV”);
- Jet-Speed Logistics, Ltd, Jet-Speed Air Cargo Forwarders (USA) Inc., and Jet-Speed Logistics (USA), LLC (“Jet-Speed”); and
- SDV Logistique Internationale.
The lawsuit is continuing against the rest of the Defendants, who are called Non-Settling Defendants. For a full list of all Defendants in this lawsuit, please see List of All Defendants on the Important Documents section of this website.